Monday, April 24, 2006

Court Attire

It seriously amazing me at what people wear to court. I often wonder what is going through their heads when they wake-up, know they are going to court and choose their outfits. A prime example of "what in the world were you thinking" was last week:

I see this girl in court wearing jeans, one of those cropped jeans jackets, and a t-shirt. The t-shirt has a big yellow smiley face with a bushy tail sticking out of the smiles' mouth. Underneath the shirt reads "I eat pussy." I'm sure the judge loved this ladies' attire.

On the note of court attire. Today I was sitting in court waiting for a case to be called. A woman sitting behind me taps my shoulder. I turn around and she whispers in my ear "I just wanted to let you know that suit looks good on you. It makes you look very attractive." I turned a tomato shade of red. While it was nice, it embarassed me and due to my pale coloring I turned seriously red! But at least red went with my black suit :)

9 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

I'm glad I don't have to go to court. (I do transactional stuff).

A student interviewing at my old firm once asked me if in my practice group we ever go to court. I told him "not unless you did something terribly, terribly wrong."

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger ACS said...

I got a compliment today too! I bet you were far hotter than me though...

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Peachy said...

Here's the best court attire I ever heard. A defense attorney had a witness show up for a trial wearing a t-shirt that said, "Can't Remember Shit" At least he showed up, right?

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Law Dancer said...

Sounds beautiful. As always, people in our area showing they have CLASS.

And to think, it was only yesterday that someone wore a see-through shirt to work on her last day. (No more Bubbles!)

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Moi said...

When I was a PS, one of my colleagues had a client show up for a jury trial in a mini skirt and tube top--a *male* client. True story.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Moi said...

PS=PD

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Setavana said...

Testing

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Setavana said...

Yes, it is amazing what people wear to court these days. I am talking about lawyers in particular. I saw a male lawyer the other day in court wearing a really loud tie. I also saw a woman lawyer on the same day wearing a really short black skirt that didn't leave much to the imagination and the heavy makeup on her face and half flying everywhere made her look cheap. I believe that lawyers need to be constantly reminded about proper court attire and to keep and respect the decorum of the court. Lawyers are guardians of the law and as such they should be setting a fine example in the way they dress. You can look nice and still be respectable. Hair should be either worn up or neatly combed so that it does not distract the court. Makeup and jewelleries must be kept to a minimum otherwise you ostracise yourself from everybody else by drawing unnecessary attention to yourself. Contrary to what you're heard, What you wear says alot about you.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger kydbean said...

ahhh!!! what do you do when your LAWYER shows up to court in a tight bright red jacket with black pants and has a BRIGHT RED TRANSPARENT THONG sticking about 5 inches up out of her pants???!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home